Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Wise County best of the best awards?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wise County best of the best awards?

    were do you vote for these things at? Ive noticed some little papers in restaurants with best of the best on it. Or something in that neighborhood. Anyways I glance at a coalfield today and see a Best cop award and his parents Best Wise County citizens or once again something of that nature. Just wondering where you vote for them at. And what are the vote tallies. Did 5 or 10 people vote for these people or was it 50, 100 what? Just curious cause I have never heard of the couple and was wondering if this was really a proper representation of what wise county thinks. Like I said I dont know them and they may be the best folks in the world. But it just seemed kinda odd. Also what kinda categories do they have to vote on? Best cop? Are we gonna start seeing police cruiser with these blue ribbon papers in there windows?
    GO VOLS

  2. #2
    Inactive Member kath200's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2007
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise County best of the best awards?

    It's basically an advertising gimick for the Coalfield Progress. You buy a paper and the ballot is in the paper. The more papers you buy...the more times you can vote.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise County best of the best awards?

    Its weird. Especially some of the categories, like Best College? What the? I still don't see how Nutz keeps getting best hot dog. I love their food, but their hot dogs are not very good.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #4
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise County best of the best awards?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I still don't see how Nutz keeps getting best hot dog. I love their food, but their hot dogs are not very good. </div></div>

    I agree. I had heard so much, perhaps I went in expecting too much. I know I left really disappointed.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise County best of the best awards?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: taz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's basically an advertising gimick for the Coalfield Progress. You buy a paper and the ballot is in the paper. The more papers you buy...the more times you can vote. </div></div>

    Well Im gonna buy a hundred papers and vote myself best hot dog next yr.

    So its basically a Coalfield thing eh. Do they have a list of categories online anywhere?
    GO VOLS

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise County best of the best awards?

    My buddies at team FAST were voted best martial arts school [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise County best of the best awards?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My buddies at team FAST were voted best martial arts school [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    </div></div>

    As well they should be.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise County best of the best awards?

    I was really disapointed with their hot dogs. Hell, Valleydale chilli is better. You know, the chilli you buy in the stores that is in a roll like sausage?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member rthack71's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2007
    Posts
    474
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise County best of the best awards?

    do they give the best cop to the one who writes the most tickets.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise County best of the best awards?

    If they did that, then, it would be a toss-up between one of BSG's finest and one of Norton's finest.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •